This forum is what this website is all about.

Please share ANY tactics you've tried to eliminate stink bugs from your home, whether they've worked or not. We can all learn from each other. Please be as specific as possible!

In order to post your own comments, you'll have to sign up to become a member. It's free!

Views: 265548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are having night temperatures in the single digits, snow and more snow and daytime temps in the teens.

We are having a long, cold, hard winter in the northeast.  However, we saw one in the kitchen and one in the guest room  last month. But those were stinkies that got in last fall and when the cold spell got really bad, they move away from the windows where they entered and hid and move into the living area where it is warmer. So that happens to us most winters, we see a couple that are looking for warmer places and move towards the light fixtures. 

It is often May before we see more as they come out of hiding and try to get outside . I do not mind that as they want to get outside and eat and mate through the spring and summer.   It is the Fall we dread as they want to get inside for the winter from late August to late October. 

We've had way too many in our house this winter.  We replaced the siding on our home in the fall which was the worst time to do it.  We weren't really able to spray like we've done in the past either.  I think too many got under the house wrap and then found their way in.  Once the new siding was installed the house was sealed tighter than a drum with no way for them to move back out.  I dread the spring this year but hopefully they will not be able to invade as bad in the future.  We sided with Hardie Plank which has no gaps etc.  We'll see. 

Regarding replacing siding and SB populations I will be be replacing the asphalt shingled roof on my house this spring as well as the 15 year old cheap vinyl siding. I am considering replacing the shingles with a standing seam metal roof and the siding with board and batten Hardie panels. The cost for both is considerably higher than just replacing asphalt with asphalt and vinyl with vinyl.

Has anyone noticed a correlation between the type of roofing and siding types/materials and the population of SBs? 

Is anyone aware of any studies and/or research that may shed some light on the matter?

We replaced the cheap vinyl siding with Hardie Plank.  It is more expensive than vinyl but I think it is worth it for many reasons - stink bugs being one of them!  There are no openings between the panels and all seams are heavily caulked.  We also had all vents and other openings screened/caulked.  Insurance also gives a break since the product is made from fiber cement.  We really won't know until the fall swarm if there will be a reduction in numbers of sb getting in the house but I am hopeful.  Of course, nothing stops the swarm so they will still be all over the outside of the house attempting to get in.

Okay so I really need help.

I don't have that bad of a stinkbug problem. It's me that's the problem.

I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF THEM.

I had to go to a psychologist because I started smashing every single food I ate to bits just to make sure there were no stinkbugs. I even wouldn't eat chocolate, peanut butter, jelly, honey, or cereal.

I'm still scared of them, but I decided to do something ABSOLUTELY INSANE.

I Decided to do a research project for school about How to kill stinkbugs.

HELP ME!!!

Oh yeah, and hairspray kills them.

Hi, Jane. Sorry. I know how you feel. They scare the heck out of me, and I don't scare easily. LOL

There's lots of info on the web about how to kill them, but this is, in my opinion, the best place to find your options. Go through the posts, and you'll get the info. I was going insane from them until I came upon this site. My exterminator told me there was no spray to get rid of them, so I lived them them for a few years, driving me insane, until I came to this site. This is my second year of spraying, and I only saw one in my house, so far, this year, and that one was near dead. I hope it's not a fluke, 'cause I was ready to sell my home to get away from them. I lived on edge, all the time, wondering when one was going to dive bomb me. I'm happy to say that I've been able to close my eyes this winter, and it's all thanks to my fellow Internet neighbors on this site.

Thanks, Everyone!

Hang in there, Jane. They're getting ready to go out to play.

Hello all - On a local newscast, a researcher just asked for folks to send him their live stinkbugs. I'm happy to report that I don't have any to send to him.  He said a virus appears to have killed all of his test subjects.  I hope it turns out to be a virus that kills all the rest of them; assuming it doesn't harm beneficial insects.  I checked the website but could not find a link to the report.  The station was http://www.wgal.com/

Happy Spring to everyone - here in SC PA we say "what Spring, it is snowing and everything is covered with the white stuff."

Best,

JC

HALLLOOO JC.

Nice to hear from ya.  Think it might be that Hunta virus??

I couldn't find this on the radio site, but here is a link to what you're talking about, JC:

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/features/2015/03/27/wanted-stink-bu...

Hey TM - Nice to hear from you too.  In an attempt to keep up with the latest info regarding sbs, I was doing a bit of research and found this product comparision.  I was actually looking for a comparison of Cyzmic CS and Demand CS and found a table that compares a number of products.  Here is a link to the comparison site http://www.syngentacropprotection.com/assets/assetlibrary/DemandCS_... table did not transfer.  If you check out the site you will see an interesting comparison and description of products that we all have recommended.  I was going to recommend Cyzmic CS but I see it is seriously lacking compared to Demand CS.  The comparison did mention cockroaches but I'm sure it applies across the board.

PS  No, TM, not the Hunta virus just a virus that Huntas stinkbugs.

Best to all.

Hey JC,

Saw my first bogey yesterday, it begins!!!

Nice research!  The comparison mentioned cockroaches. How appropriate to see that as a response to TurdleMoron.

Hey Joe -   Yes, I was out and about yesterday and saw my first sb too......yuk, they are as disgusting as ever.

RSS

End stink bug infestation in your house. Learn how to control, kill, and get rid of brown marmorated stink bugs.

Stink Bug Products Our Members Recommend:

Contact

This site was created by John Barry, Big Time Stink Bug Hater. Email me at admin@stopstinkbugs.com.

© 2017   Created by Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service